framing a 22.5 outside corner

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
hello all, redoing my bathroom. wife wants tile shower. took out plastic shower pan and decided to use same foot print for tile shower floor. when I went to put the stud in the doorway it's out of wack with the base. will this be an issue when I put the wall up? or is there another way of doing this? thanks

There are a few tricks
1. install the stud square to the inside right beside the inside transition point, rip a stud at 22.5 right at the edge of the stud, small peice goes against the stud at the inside large peice goes against the stud on the outside.
2. rip a 2x6 stud on both edges so it measures the same as the angle cut of the sill something like 4"

Keep in mind any door should have a double stud on both sides. And solid blocking at the bottom of each stud bay at the bottom to a height above the shower base.

Last edited:
thanks, will try to see which option is easiest. just noticed I'm a senior member! still got a lot to learn.

Last edited:
2. rip a 2x6 stud on both edges so it measures the same as the angle cut of the sill something like 4"

I like Option number two....
Also remember you will be installing solid blocking all around the base of the shower to attach your membrane to. I like to notch my studs around a 2x6 that goes around the entire bottom of the base area.
Hope that makes sense.
Being a senior member just means you forget more...right Oldog.:clap:
Good luck!!

I like Option number two....
Also remember you will be installing solid blocking all around the base of the shower to attach your membrane to. I like to notch my studs around a 2x6 that goes around the entire bottom of the base area.
Hope that makes sense.
Being a senior member just means you forget more...right Oldog.:clap:
Good luck!!

Yes I seemed to have for got to mention the solid blocking at the kick area for showers, tub surrounds and stair landings. oops :eek:

Latest posts

Back