Painted Counter Top

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmar

Reaction score
I am building a new counter top out of particle board . I will primer it with lacquer prime first.
Sand it then basecoat with latex, add my clear latex then put my other 4 colors in while wet.
Then pour my clear epoxy then float it. Torch it to remove the bubbles. will there be a problem.

I don't know. I've heard of people using the paint and epoxy method before. Some used one of those clickable lighters for lighting a gas stove instead of a butane torch though. I think you should probably do a test run on some scraps and see how it goes before doing it on the permanent counter. It will cost a bit more in materials, but its better to get some practice in than to end up botching the job.

The after-care will be important in that you will have to be careful not to set anything hot on the epoxy once it sets, but that can go for various types of countertops as well.

I would love to see pictures of the progress and finished product if you go through with this.

Back