A/C recommnedations?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandrew

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a vacation condo in Southern Florida which needs a new air conditioner. Current unit is 24 years old, so not much sense in repairing. The condo is 1000 sq feet and won't be inhabited most of the year, so I don't want to spend too much money, but do want a reliable unit.
One heat/cooling company suggested a Comfortmaker 13 seer for $3500 does this seem like a good fit? Would anyone recommend something different?

I am in the process of purchasing a vacation condo in Southern Florida which needs a new air conditioner. Current unit is 24 years old, so not much sense in repairing. The condo is 1000 sq feet and won't be inhabited most of the year, so I don't want to spend too much money, but do want a reliable unit.
One heat/cooling company suggested a Comfortmaker 13 seer for $3500 does this seem like a good fit? Would anyone recommend something different?

There is not that much difference in the equipment. You want to check out you contractors so you know you will get a good install. If you don't use it full time then 13 seer should do a good job. Sounds like the price is in line. Paul

There is not that much difference in the equipment. You want to check out you contractors so you know you will get a good install. If you don't use it full time then 13 seer should do a good job. Sounds like the price is in line. Paul

I agree side by side there is not much difference. Personally I prefer Amana air conditioning systems but having a good contractor is probably the most important choice as compared to the brand of AC

Latest posts

Back