used wrong glue

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisyphus

Reaction score
I was replacing the drain for the washing machine when I went to clean up, realized I had used abs glue on pvc. everything's back in the wall and I ran a couple of loads with no leaks. Is this a big deal? will I have to redo this? thanks

You did not use the wrong glue.
Not a big deal.
You do not have to redo it.

thanks, I have another question. is there something I need to do or is it straight forward as far as removing a baseboard heater in my laundry room? thanks again

I was replacing the drain for the washing machine when I went to clean up, realized I had used abs glue on pvc. everything's back in the wall and I ran a couple of loads with no leaks. Is this a big deal? will I have to redo this? thanks

If you have used the "Black" ABS Cement then yes you have used the wrong cement and yes it is sawzall time....

There is an all purpose cement that is clear and can be used on ABS or, PVC but not combined.

If you use a combination of ABS and PVC pipes then a transition cement may be used in non-pressure applications in some areas, check your locally used code.

Redwood is correct. It will eventually leak since it is not properly bonded (solvent welded).

Back