Flooring filler

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m2244

Reaction score
Hello,

I made a small mistake. I am laying 1/2 inch sub floor down over existing boards, gluing and screwing. On one of the sheets I followed the wall in our old house. So now I have a gap between that sheet of plywood and the next row. The gap goes from 0 to about 1/2 inch in 6 or 8 feet. So can I just use floor leveler in this gap? I am putting down 5/8 bamboo flooring, I believe it is 2 and 1/2 or 3 inch wide flooring.

as long as the gap does not go in line with the wood. For instance, the wood will cross the gap at 90 degrees

Use cemetious based floor filler.

can you cut a piece of wood to fit and glue it in the space?

You would be defeating the whole deal, you used backer to do away with anything that would feed mold and next to the tub would be the first place to get wet. Cut a strip of backer and stick it down with thinset.

@nealtw, did you cross threads? you have seen ghostbusters i hope, you know what happens.

I Know. When I read his post I was pretty impressed with myself. I didn't even know I did all that.

Latest posts

Back