Treat roach infestation without fumigation?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerjohn1324

Reaction score
I have a roach infestation in a mobile home. I tried the roach bombs available at stores. Bombed it several times. I also tried sprinkling boric acid powder around all the walls, etc. Didn't work. In this case, I'm opting for fumigation.

But if I come across this again, is there anything else I could try?

I worked for a pest control out here in California and the best way to rid the roach is bait! They eat each other's feces. I don't recall the name of the bait/chemical but around points of entry's, edges of cabinets, holes in walls from piping, etc is where you want to put it. Fumigation will probably work but most likely will be more expensive and may not be as effective? Not sure if you have a Terminix in your area but that was the company I use to work for. 'Tenting' your house is most common for dry wood termites but I'd imagine will kill most everything....but they may return, the bait gets passed down the line through the eating of feces...I know, GROSS!

I worked for a pest control out here in California and the best way to rid the roach is bait! They eat each other's feces. I don't recall the name of the bait/chemical but around points of entry's, edges of cabinets, holes in walls from piping, etc is where you want to put it. Fumigation will probably work but most likely will be more expensive and may not be as effective? Not sure if you have a Terminix in your area but that was the company I use to work for. 'Tenting' your house is most common for dry wood termites but I'd imagine will kill most everything....but they may return, the bait gets passed down the line through the eating of feces...I know, GROSS!

https://goo.gl/images/24GWJr

Is this what you mean?

These roaches are EVERYWHERE, even during the day time. And when lights are out, it's even worse.

I have a hard time believing these little things can kill all these roaches that are inside the walls.

I've already put down "Roach Motels" and they killed some, but the infestation remains.

No, store bought stuff ain't going to cut it..you need to get a pest control that guarantees their work! Funny story: I work as a gas service rep in the field and at the time was in Oakland. Had a job at a lady's house and same thing! Roaches everywhere! She acted like they were her pets! Unreal. They are filthy! She had all her Christmas decorations up, tree up with lights???!! I was shocked that somebody could live there.

No, store bought stuff ain't going to cut it..you need to get a pest control that guarantees their work! Funny story: I work as a gas service rep in the field and at the time was in Oakland. Had a job at a lady's house and same thing! Roaches everywhere! She acted like they were her pets! Unreal. They are filthy! She had all her Christmas decorations up, tree up with lights???!! I was shocked that somebody could live there.

Pest control company I talked to said they couldn't guarantee they were going to be gone with the first treatment. That it might take 3 weeks to see if it was successful. I didn't ask what type of chemical they used or whether they could treat the second time with tenants in the home.

When you say "bait," are you talking about a gel, powder, plate station, or spray?

I don't recall having the homeowners having to leave when the bait was set. You don't put it where you would be handling it accidentally. Corners of cabinets, like by the hinges. Corners and edges of counters, etc.

I don't recall having the homeowners having to leave when the bait was set. You don't put it where you would be handling it accidentally. Corners of cabinets, like by the hinges. Corners and edges of counters, etc.

I'm worried about them wanting to leave due to the massive amounts of roaches in the house.

I don't know what to tell you, I only worked there for a month and a half but the pest training I had specifically said that was the most effective way...maybe a combination of Fumi and bait?

Back