Questions about in wall/ ceiling speakers

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Keith_

Reaction score
I just purchased my new house finalizing everything now.

I want to add a surround sound to my living room. I searched but didn't really see any responses.

Any hints helping ideas for a new guy on the block?

What is it you are looking for?

I like the idea of stealth speakers. What kind did you get?

I have not purchased any yet. I was actually looking for some feedback on the whole thing.. Guess I need to find a home audio site...

But im going to make a thread about recessed lighting too soon. Its antoher addition I want to do.

I know that Polk Audio and Bose make real nice recessed speakers. Crutchfield has some real good bargains on them all the time.

I have installed toms of them, but they were for customers. I plan on installing them on my screen porch this spring. I already pre-wired for them.

The only issue with wall/ceiling speakers is that you greatly limit the arrangement of the room. If you plan to build a theater that doesn't ever change shape (furniture, equipment, etc), then they are a great way to keep speakers off the floor and more or less out of sight. Many times they can sound very good...depends on the installation, the source of the signal, and the quality of the components. You may want to play with different arrangements before running wire and/or setting speakers. Good luck!

I have a co-worker who just installed some speakers that are truly hidden speakers. You texture, prime, and paint right over them after install.

The company is onsia Onsia Concealed Sound Solutions

He seems to be happy with how they work. They do however transmit through both sides of the wall. He has them in the ceiling in basement theater system and the sound comes through the floor upstairs. Could be good for filling the house, if you're having a party, but not so good if you're watching the latest action thriller and the kids are supposed to be asleep in the next room.

Latest posts

Back