Reinforcing floor for 102 gallon Aquarium

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ooosparkeyooo

Reaction score
I live in a older trailor and it is aproximatly 14' X 14' in my bedroom and I have a 102 gallon aquarium on one side of the room. Its 7 feet long and the weight is distributed among 6 legs (4"x4" posts) from the stand.

On the other side of my bedroom I have a 30 gallon sitting on the build in dresser.

I know I am close to 1000lbs probably way more just on my 102 gallon aquarium alone.

How can I reinforce the floor so it won't fall through by any chance.

All comments and help will be appriciated, also I'm not really good on any terms you may have as I'm an HVAC man, not carp.

I live in a older trailor and it is aproximatly 14' X 14' in my bedroom and I have a 102 gallon aquarium on one side of the room. Its 7 feet long and the weight is distributed among 6 legs (4"x4" posts) from the stand.

On the other side of my bedroom I have a 30 gallon sitting on the build in dresser.

I know I am close to 1000lbs probably way more just on my 102 gallon aquarium alone.

How can I reinforce the floor so it won't fall through by any chance.

All comments and help will be appriciated, also I'm not really good on any terms you may have as I'm an HVAC man, not carp.

Well mr. HVAC man,, i am a HVAC man also. When my wife had a tank like that i took some 2x12's sanded and stain them, rounded off the corners. That spread the weight out good and it looked ok. Even a HVAC man can do this. Later Paul

Latest posts

Back