Excel Workbook

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealtw

Contractor retired
Reaction score
Twenty years of building formulas into workbooks for a whole host of things and now some fool has made the columns ( numbered ) instead of (lettered).
I found on the web lots of people saying this is an easy change and then they tell you what to do. I think they type to fast or something, I can't evan find the buttons to start with.

Any one care to walk me thru it, just pretend I know nothing about computers, well actually you don't to pretend.
:mad:

I"m not sure what your saying. MS-Excel 2010, colums are letters and rows are numbers. Is yours different?

Hey Neal ... I'm relatively computer savvy ... Can you explain how you want to change your formulas?

For example, if your old EXCEL formula was =+B2*C2
How do you want to change it?

I figured it out, They hide the switch in a defferent places for each copy of Excel. Some people perfer numbers to letters on the columns and when that person sends you a file and you open it' it changes every workbook on your computer and every other computer in your group. And to change it back, one workbook at a time you find that switch which is not set to R1C1 and you have set it to R1C1 and save the change and the go back and unselect it and save the changes. Just 30 workbooks to go.:mad::rolleyes:

You would think that if was going to change something outomaticly, they would change all effected formulas too.
I did read that some people working with formula need to know how many columns they are moving over, I never would have thought about changing the program, I've always just used auto fill and put a row of numbers under the labels and split the screen to keep it at the top.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Back