Paying it forward

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be ok Neal...I don't care what they say about guys, many of you have such a big heart.

I don't want to get ahead of myself...but I *may* have some good news [it's not major, but I think good]. Will share in original post.

I appreciate and am grateful to those who have helped, as well as those who have offered advice. I also respect those who don't and have their reasons. I do understand.

I have a hard time exposing myself, it was easier to talk to strangers I have never met than go running to the people around me. When I came here, I was just looking to talk...when Chris made that donation of material, it was unexpected, but that gesture brought so much to me. Yes it's getting my side sealed, but it's more than that...it showed me someone can care. Neal has been beyond supportive openly and in private messages, so please don't be upset with his passion...he just wants to help, he means well and cares about you all here. I have no doubt he wouldn't do the same for anyone here.

Thanks to the people in this forum, I am trying to reach out more locally. I have contacted a friend I grew up with who is much more vocal than I am, and reached out to what resources that Tellebot helped me find...and it's slow, but I'm trying more than before, where I was just giving up. Maybe nothing will come of it, or maybe something...but my point is, I have THIS group to thank for it. You gave me some hope back.

I am sorry if this has caused any friction.

I see you are making some headway with some local help, good news.

I am glad to see things are moving forward, I hope this little ball keeps growing and rolling forward until everything is taken care of.

I want to thank the people that have dropped by with a few bucks. The house is closed up from the weather and that is great news but Apryl is still living with a very dangerous electrical system and needs more help.
It's wonderfull to see people give amounts like $100 but really I would like to see donations like lunch money or beer money for the day. Then I might believe what we hear about the poor giving more than the rich.

Larry just dropped off a donation, thank you very much.
Larry is a member here and is working hard to find the money and knowledge to repair his house which has been literally falling down around him and could easily qualify for a fund raiser himself and he still found something to give.
I will leave it to him if he wants identify himself

Pay it forward is an expression for describing the beneficiary of a good deed repaying it to others instead of to the original benefactor. The concept is old, but the phrase may have been coined by Lily Hardy Hammond in her 1916 book In the Garden of Delight.

Some times people come here needing a whole lot more than advice. For anyone thinking of a way to pay it forward I would suggest having a look at this.
http://www.gofundme.com/lj4qxs?fb_ac...ypes=og.shares

Some of the members who give so much of therir time, have already donated but we need a lot more help.

Just bumping this up, we still need some help here.

I currently don't have any $ to donate, but I shared the gofundme page on my Facebook page. I didn't realize she still needed money.

I currently don't have any $ to donate, but I shared the gofundme page on my Facebook page. I didn't realize she still needed money.

It's ok, I know you would if you could. I shared it on my wall for last time last month...just got too hard humiliating myself and having more strangers give than people I know. I hear the gossip around town, stupid girl, that's what you get.

I appreciate the thoughts and shares though. I see you sent me a message, I will reply to that next.

Take care all of you, and thank you for being so caring. x

It's ok, I know you would if you could. I shared it on my wall for last time last month...just got too hard humiliating myself and having more strangers give than people I know. I hear the gossip around town, stupid girl, that's what you get.

I appreciate the thoughts and shares though. I see you sent me a message, I will reply to that next.

Take care all of you, and thank you for being so caring. x

It is sad when people are so judgmental like that. I think that is just their way of trying to make themselves feel better about not helping.

A lot of people get scammed all the time. Everyone makes bad decisions from time to time. I think just about everyone here has trusted someone who wasn't trustworthy at least once in their life and ended up screwed. Sometimes it happens more than once. There are scumbags who take advantage of people and then there are people who really help others out. I think there are a lot of the latter here.

Bad judgement aside, no one deserves to get scammed like that. I hope that the hackjob contractor creep gets his comeuppance eventually. But that won't make you whole again. I'm hoping that you'll be able to recoup your losses sometime in the near future though.

:HUGS:

Back