Old Hotpoint freezer not working

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmen1117

Reaction score
I just moved into a house that has an old Hotpoint freezer in the basement. I know that it worked when the last family moved out, but then it sat empty and unplugged for about a year. I just tried plugging it back in. The light came on but it didn't start cooling. (didn't hear any noises from it) I noticed that the temperature setting dial inside the freezer (what's that called?) is rusty. Could that be the problem, or is it more likely something else?

Hi,

Model#? Chest freezer, uprite freezer?

I just tried plugging it back in. The light came on but it didn't start cooling. (didn't hear any noises from it)

No noises at all?

I noticed that the temperature setting dial inside the freezer (what's that called?) is rusty. Could that be the problem

If the control will not close nothing will come on and run. Easy test, continuity or ohm meter the control contacts or simple access the control and join the 2 wires together to see if anything happen or jumps to life.

jeff.

Latest posts

Back