Stone Veneer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeceptiveAlarm

Reaction score
I bought my house last year. It has stone veneer outside then cinder block, then plaster on the block. My daughters room had some wet spots on the wall I filled some cracks on the outside wall thinking it was seeping in through the old veneer. It seems like the water is gone but now the paint is bubbling on many spots of the wall. It doesn't seem wet maybe damp but the walls are cold and its hard to tell. It's like I can peel the paint right off the wall. I was thinking maybe they didn't use a primer and the moister is making the paint come unstuck? I'm not sure what to do.

I checked for leaks in the roof, I didn't see any signs of water getting in(went in attic) The problem is mostly 3 feet and below. I sealed around the window better but I noticed the marks yesterday (when the wall "drys" the paint goes back to normal) and it had not rained at all. I know the wall was very cold , colder than the rest of the walls. It is in the shade. The house was 75 degrees though. I am wandering since it is block with plaster right on the block is it possible that it is sweating? There is zero insulation in the walls because they are more or less solid. If that is the case what could I do? My wife wants to paint the room I am wandering if I used exterior paint if it would hold up to the moisture better. b

Warm moist air in the house is condensing on the surface of the cold wall, I'm guessing. You may want to check the humidity in the house and add and exhaust fan or ??

Back