Global Warming?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that, but it makes sense!

Yeah, there's something wrong with that statement.

For the non beleivers about globle warming, I did see a demo that do make you think a little more about it.
We can't argue about ice melting on the north coast, but we think there is lots of ice, so what.

Fill a pot with ice and put it on the stove at the lowest setting and throw in a temp gauge
Track the time it takes to go up one degree and other and another.
You will find that the hirer it goes the faster it goes.
That should say something about what is happening.

If we can find a great lake of oil under the see ice on the north coast how hot was it up there to produce the stuff that made oil.
and how hot was it in Texas. It's time to start thinking about water.

Well it's been in the 80's during the "winter" this year, so I have no issues in believing in global climate change.

When the system is for the people by the people, all that is wrong has to be the people's fault.:p
People can't always do what they want. There are other people to consider, plus mother nature who is sometimes a dangerous and unpredictable player.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=%22many-person+game%22+theory&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/ame]

The hotter the golf gets, the more storms you get and bigger. A vulcano caused the dark ages in europe. That was so many tons of stuff in the air. How many tons does it take. How many tons do we put in the air today. Mother nature can only do so much.

Mother nature can only do so much.
I forgot how long ago it was that we stopped protecting ourselves against nature and started trying to protect nature from ourselves.

With power comes responsibility, at least for some of us.

The hotter the golf gets, the more storms you get and bigger. A vulcano caused the dark ages in europe. That was so many tons of stuff in the air. How many tons does it take. How many tons do we put in the air today. Mother nature can only do so much.

I saw a special about that. It was very interesting.

We made some changes to limit acid rain in the eighties, we changed the gas in the refridgerators and capture or waist now. I used to think it was bunk but I think I have climbed the fence and may have fallon on the other side.

Not sure but I think I twisted my neck. The worst part of all this trying to find a scientest to explain it that dosn't have a dog in the fight.

We made some changes to limit acid rain in the eighties, we changed the gas in the refridgerators and capture or waist now. I used to think it was bunk but I think I have climbed the fence and may have fallon on the other side.

I think there's a lot to climate change we can't control, but limiting CFC's was a good thing. I remember the transition. If we can produce something without causing concern for the environment I think we ought to.

Don't remember the name of the book, but I read one several years ago about the weather history of this planet. This planet has had very hot periods and very cold periods before.
Some people point to the last three years as being hotter and drier than usual. We also had few years like this in the 80's, and the 50's and the 20's and so on.
The climate change "experts" said it would lead to the demise of polar bears, but the group that counts them, say that the number of polar bears is increasing faster than any time since they started keeping track.
Back in the 70's, these same "experts were saying that greenhouse gases would block out heat from the sun and cause a new ice age.
I personally think that it is mostly for money. There are billions at stake in carbon credits. Al Gore has become very rich over this, while his own home uses more natural resources that almost any other home.

samfloor said:
I personally think that it is mostly for money. There are billions at stake in carbon credits. Al Gore has become very rich over this, while his own home uses more natural resources that almost any other home.

Bingo and we have a winner. It's not about saving the planet, it's about money.

Should we do all we can to help conserve natural resources and keep our environment clean, absolutely. Should we create new billionaires in the process who see Green in their pockets, I think not.

Don't remember the name of the book, but I read one several years ago about the weather history of this planet. This planet has had very hot periods and very cold periods before.
Some people point to the last three years as being hotter and drier than usual. We also had few years like this in the 80's, and the 50's and the 20's and so on.
The climate change "experts" said it would lead to the demise of polar bears, but the group that counts them, say that the number of polar bears is increasing faster than any time since they started keeping track.
Back in the 70's, these same "experts were saying that greenhouse gases would block out heat from the sun and cause a new ice age.
In the movie 'V for Vendetta' thousands were killed on purpose so some could make obscene profits. It was a 'manufactured' disaster posing as a natural one.

In real life, some groups who are absent a conscience cause disasters or use natural disasters, to make obscene profits.

In the movie 'V for Vendetta' thousands were killed on purpose so some could make obscene profits. It was a 'manufactured' disaster posing as a natural one.

In real life, some groups who are absent a conscience cause disasters or use natural disasters, to make obscene profits.

Same thing happened in Watchmen, but it was for the bettement of mankind.

Carbon Credits are nonsense. It's way of throwing money at a problem where money doesn't really help it.

We have seen a ton of weather changes over the course of earth's history, but I think we can say that are aiding in the climate change to to our energy dependency issues. It is already happening? Of course, history has taught us that, but I think denying the central issue of carbon emissions is only going to make it worse.

The latest claim for "climate change" effects is when an idiot stupidly said an asteroid that was 180,000,000 miles away and headed somewhere "near" Earth was the result of "Global Warming".

Dick

Latest posts

Back