Digital levels that display slope per foot

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zannej

Reaction score
Since I need to redo some plumbing and such, I was wondering if anyone knew of a good reliable level that displays the slope per foot (basically something that will show 1/4" per foot or 1/8" per foot).

I see listings for a bunch of different digital levels, but I was wondering if anyone here has experience with any of them-- which ones to avoid and which ones are good.

I imagine a dirt cheap one might not be so great, but it might be ok for my purposes. I was thinking maybe mid-range pricing. I want to keep it under $100. Probably under $50 if there are any that are good..

So, any suggestions?

My smart level is a stabila and is a four footer. Cost me around 200 bucks. I'm sure the two footer is cheaper or maybe find a used one.

Although you can do any kind of drain work with any level.

My iPhone has an app that makes it into a level and I even have an app that makes it into a transit of sorts. Of course they have some limitations But I have used it and it was a lot closer than you would think.

What I do with my $10 four foot level is tape a block of wood to one end. 1" block would be 1/4 per foot etc. levels have sets of lines see if you can figure out I using another line on the bubble gives you for slope.

I don't have any info on what electronic levels are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Repair

not a plumber but we use 2', 4', & torpedo levels,,, work fine !

I would just use cheap short spirit level, as bud said, tape a block to it or if the tube is exposed put another line on it with a sharpy.
Or with a little playing with it, it takes minutes to know what 1/4" pf looks like on the bubble.

One of my issues is that I have a hard time seeing if the bubble is right. My eyesight isn't the best. I use size 16 font on my computer.

I've heard there are levels that beep at certain angles and/or beep to indicate that you are getting closer. The one I saw on amazon had poor reviews because the battery pack fell off and it apparently didn't beep efficiently.

I'd be fine with just one that said what the slope was in digital format. I don't need anything really long.

I'm wary of getting used stuff because I've been burned on e-bay before.

Is Stabila a brand name?

Back