Finishing My Basement

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hondadrv24 Early in this thread I mentioned I was going to do a multi part podcast series on basement finishing. Sorry i haven't told you sooner. Its here
Basement Finishing Series

Great job so far!

thanks!!
I got all the sheetrock up. Now I'm just waiting for my wife to give birth before I start to finish it
Justin

Justin Congrats on the new baby. Your first?

been there, done that. I did a gut job on a nursery. Finished it it the 8th month of pregnancy with first child. All was happy.

Did a second floor addition when the second child came along. Started at 3mos preggers and finished a year later. This made for extra stress we didn't need when the baby was little. The baby didn't seem to mind much though!

I suggest you get as much done as possible BEFORE the baby comes.

Well my second daughter was born Feb 24. Since then I can't say i've gotten much done, because i've been enjoying both my girls alot and my wife went back to school. I have the first coat of mud up on the walls and ceiling now. Its amazing what a little mud will do for the look of the place!! hopefully i get some free time to go down and put one more coat of mud up and then sand it down to see how its gonna turn out. I want this done, as does my wife, but its sure hard to get down there with two little girls who want nothing to do with mom when daddy's home. Hopefully soon i'll get some more pics up so you all can see my project.
Justin

Justin, congrats on the daughters, enjoy them while they are young. They certainly grow up MUCH to soon.

The basements looking good, I love it when pictures are posted of progress to a project.

Cool! I just finished a basement. I put a few pics in the "Repair and remodeling pictures".
Steve

Latest posts

Back