Levelling ground for Modular home

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jets4life

Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning on leveling ground for a modular home I plan to use. I wanted to see the cost of doing this. Since my modular home will be 36 x 12, I will need approx. 3 yards of gravel (2 inches deep) to lay at the base.

First off, I need to level the ground. The best way to do this I figure would be to contract out a bobcat company to make the ground level, then contract a gravel company to lay down approx. 3 yards of gravel once the ground is level.

Would anyone know the total cost of this project would be? Also am I forgetting something? I am wondering how long this will take, but more importantly at what cost. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Contact a mobile home (or modular home) installer in your area and ask them for their complete pricing. It might be cheaper in the long run, and done by people who know exactly what needs to be done.

It would be very hard to estimate what it would cost, based on not knowing the type of soil you live on, the assess to gravel, etc. Also, don't forget about the electrical wiring, the water supply, and the sewer or septic connections.

Last edited:
I've got to be missing something. No moduler home I've ever seen is that small, do you mean a mobil home? Even then there's camping trailers bigger then that. Is you plan to set this on concrete blocks. If so then the site does not need to be perfect. There going to level it with the footings and the blocks.
No one here's going to know the local labor rates for bobcat or materials. I agree with the other poster get some quotes.

Back