Interior Decoration Ideas For My Home!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlizaCone

Reaction score
Just move in my new house last month but the interior part still looks dull and boring. I wanted it to be fun and appealing. I mean, some place I can really call mine and defines the real personality in me.

What will I do? I am an art lover, passionately in love with arts like paintings. I am fond of photography as well. I just love colors! I hope these informations help you to any suggestions you will share. Thanks!

Do you have any pictures of the place now? If you like art and paintings and are not afraid to go bold, than those two things right there are huge for adding a decorative touch to houses. You have to find the medium between too many paintings or not enough for your taste. If you are on a budget (maybe not), I would try looking in places like Ross, TJ Max, and Marshalls. They always have the most unique and amazing stuff in there home section. Painting the walls in bright colors would be nice as well. Just don't do red. Red walls are known to cause anger (I know a lot about feng shui)

One thing most people change when moving in a new place is do something with the walls. Either a fancy paint job, some wall panels.
These things have to go with the rest of the decor, of course.
Are you planning on getting new furniture? If not the choice will be a bit simpler due to the fact that they will be related to what you already have.
Other things that make a room interesting is a fireplace. If you don't have one you can easily create it. Real or fake.

Do you have any pictures of the place now? If you like art and paintings and are not afraid to go bold, than those two things right there are huge for adding a decorative touch to houses. You have to find the medium between too many paintings or not enough for your taste. If you are on a budget (maybe not), I would try looking in places like Ross, TJ Max, and Marshalls. They always have the most unique and amazing stuff in there home section. Painting the walls in bright colors would be nice as well. Just don't do red. Red walls are known to cause anger (I know a lot about feng shui)

Thanks for reminding me about the color red (regarding feng shui) drsmiley! Actually, that's the plan, to just go with bright colors. But since I am planning to put some paintings on the wall, I think I have to choose a color which can jive with the kind of painting I'll be having, right? Anyway, don't worry about the budget, I really save for this for years now so it will really look the way I expect it. Thanks for the advice drsmiley!

One thing most people change when moving in a new place is do something with the walls. Either a fancy paint job, some wall panels.
These things have to go with the rest of the decor, of course.
Are you planning on getting new furniture? If not the choice will be a bit simpler due to the fact that they will be related to what you already have.
Other things that make a room interesting is a fireplace. If you don't have one you can easily create it. Real or fake.

That's the problem Bob. Just like what I've said, I'm planning to put paintings on walls. That means to say that, when I consider a fancy paint or some wall panels, the color of it should jive with the kind of putting I'll be putting in it, right? And yes, I am in search for new furniture especially paintings and canvases. But I am thinking if I could avail a personalize painting or portrait. Something that is more customize like using my own photo as reference for it. Do you think it's not a complicated idea?

Well, you can make a photo wall with frames or frameless. And if your wall is large scale, you may make some shelves on the wall, which can put the frames or other art work and collections. In fact ,there are many methods if you think.

Last edited:
You may choose the bright color of bedding and other square pillow in sofa, and make photo frames on the wall.

Photos are the best option but if you want to go overboard, make it like a mosaic or puzzle. I also suggest that you can go for paintings or sculptures that will reflect your style and personality.

Choose one main focal painting. Selec the lighter shade in the painting other than white and do you walls in that color. You can then use the other colors in your painting as accent colors in drapes, pillows, fabric etc.

You can also add other paintings that incorporate some of the same colors.

Tom

Latest posts

Back