Living room decoration & ideas

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely agree with jason. In order to customize the home decorating one must think of interior look and comfort so as to give the inside a better perfection and cooling effect.Its not even a bad idea to consider tiling the top with mosaic tiles Instead of buying a new coffee table.

Change your sofa set, take new modern and comfortable one. Keep LCD TV above wooden cabinet. Use well designed lamps and lighting. Lastly, change your wall colour which give refreshing look to your home.

I'd mount the TV over the fireplace, that would break up that empty space. The fire place is the focal point in the room and all the funiture should be arranged to face it anyway so why not have the TV there also?
I would cut out the sheetrock over the fire place and do some min. reframing so a 3/4" plywood box (that you would have to build) could be made to set between the studs for your items like DVD, sound system ect. add 2 X 6 bracing between the studs for the mount above it, run all your wiring and cables behind the wall then resheetrock.
I'll send you pictures of two of these we have done when I get home on my own computer.
Total cost was less then $100.00 for materials.
I'd also change out that narrow base board with 5 1/4" base. What you have makes it look like the base was left in place and the floor was built up making it look to narrow.

The room kinda looks dull now. You could do it up with a brighter color or at least update the sofa. That mural of the nebula looks spectacular by the way. The coffee table looks pretty neat too. But, that's my taste. Some nice rugs on the floor and a few pictures of family and friends will add a personal touch which is missing right now or maybe you hid it :)

The room surely must be huge but is appearing to be cramped may be because of placement of things. For the walls if you are planning to re-paint your walls you can opt for bright colours.

In case you want to let the paint be on the walls, you can go for bright accessories and furniture.

Latest posts

Back