Maytge Cloths drier.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungle

Reaction score
I've got old model that came with the house. Half the time it is cold dry and not hot. I keep fiddling with the knob and it seem to help sometimes. Do think there is cheap fix or would look to buy a new one?

you will have to at least troubleshoot it and perform some diagnostics on it to determine the problem and cost of repair before investing in a new one.
Is this gas or electric?
What does fiddling with the knob yield?

Also, if you have a blocked dryer hose, it will not heat up all the time. Check to make sure everything is cleaned out, then move on to the switch and any wiring that may be short circuiting.
Good luck

I've got old model that came with the house. Half the time it is cold dry and not hot. I keep fiddling with the knob and it seem to help sometimes. Do think there is cheap fix or would look to buy a new one?
Assuming it's electric:

Loose connection to the switch in back of the knob.

Bad switch in back of the knob. In this case, balance investing the cost of putting an electrically equivalent part in a dryer that may fail at any time against the cost of a new dryer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back