Heat Pump

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luciano70

Reaction score
Hello,
I live in Mediterranean climate area (temperatures never drop below 0C) and currently I am renovating an older house. So I need an solution for heating air conditioning?

So I dont want to complicate too much, I was thinking about installing an budget heat pump ....like this: LG Heat Pump

What are your opinions?

Thanks for the answers!

not sure about how that model works, but I install heat pumps at work, and the bigger units we install are nice, make lots of heat, quiet, but the electric bill goes up quite a bit. And the house has to be pretty tight other wise doing a heat pump is kinda pointless. we install bosch units like these, we have done water to water and water to air units. its quite expensive, as we drill the well install the well pump and then do the geo unit.
http://www.bosch-climate.us/product...umps/geothermal-residential-product-offering/

:welcome: be careful , single zone units are not designed to condition a whole house . many factors are involved in HVAC system sizing ; this rule of thumb is a good place to start - typically I would use a "ton" of air per 400 sq ft of house . yes a properly installed heat pump should do well in your climate however, the term "old house" creates more than a few questions . :confused:

Back