mixing semi gloss and flat

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justacook

Reaction score
Jello peoples, is there any issues mixing 1 quart flat latex with 3 quarts semi-gloss? Might have enough to finish with out mixing or buying more, but might end up just that short.

Second I have this ugly old radiator that runs 20 feet across my living room that is in need of paint. Its hooked up to an oil furnace that has not been used for quite some years and I would bet never will be used again. but its a rental and some how Im fairly sure my landlord would be upset if I get this wrong...So is there a special paint for these out dated hunks of metal. Im just thinking temp. Or will good ol' can of silver spray paint do?
Thanks to all
The Cook

Rustoleum - or a similar product. Pick any color you want. You may be able to spray it on if you mask the area thoroughly, but they have canned product also. I'm not sure if you need a high temp paint for a real "radiator" but you can safely paint a baseboard heater because the element is under the cover.

Thanks. Thats kinda what I figured Now about mixing semi gloss and flat paint....Any one????Please dont make me find out the hard way Because I am the kinda guy that will do it. Yeppers, I really will..... and with out a net... Happy day to all

Just make sure one isn't oil based. I would be suprised if you had a problem but no garrentees. Mix a few spoonfulls to the same mix and paint something.

OP,
OK on the silver spray. You don't need high temp for rads. They don't get that hot. As far as mixing SG and flat, as long as they are compatible, ie both latex, mix away. I've done it many times with zero problems.

Thank you for the information.This site is the greatest for information to help keep me out of trouble and new ideas. And I do appreciate everyone who has taken the time to shared with me that which many may consider simple basic information. and remember: no matter how simple it seams, read the instructions first. it will save you time in the long run.
Good day

Latest posts

Back