Pumpkin patch!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

What happened to them?

Tonight I took my daughter to the local pumpkin patch. After we had to buy our tickets for the rides and attractions we walked all over the place which took about five minutes I ended up giving our tickets to another family as the only thing my daughter was big enough for was the petting zoo. There was 8 bounce houses and a petting zoo. So I went in search of a real pumpkin, I finally found two for sale out of this whole place.

When I was a kid a pumpkin patch was a place to go buy a pumpkin and maybe get a hay ride.

guess it depends on where you are Chris, they are every where around here. crates of them in front of home depot and piggly wiggly

ok, I know ya'll dont wanna hear it. but pumpkins are for target practice. they are a hoot!!!

Yep you remember the same pumpkin patch places I remember.

They used to have acres of pumpkins lined up for sale for carving.

They still have some places around here like that and about 10 years ago they started drawing people in with homemade pumpkin cannons. I know a couple kids (fresh out of weld school) that made one. The air tank that powers it is a used 500 gallon propane tank and the barrel is a length of 10 inch well casing about 25 foot long. They built it all on an old trailer using air cylinders for aiming side to side and up and down. They are pretty accurate at about 400 yards shooting a 10 inch pumpkin at junk cars. They got a little crazy last year and people started bringing them bowling balls.

Really draws the folks in and sells pumpkins.

Back