Replace the track for bi-fold doors

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poochokid

Reaction score
]The opening on my closet door is just flat sheet rock it is 48" wide. It has 2 231/2" hollow core bi-fold doors. I need to know how to replace only the track at the top. What are all the steps involved, I have no idea what I am doing. Please can I get some help?

Last edited:
Remove the doors by lifting them up and out at the bottom. Remove the screws holding the track into the top of the door opening.

The pins on top of the door are spring loaded, the pin at the bottom adjusts the height when you turn it. Pay attention to the location of the lower and upper fixed pin are before you remove the door, they can both be adjusted side to side to line up the door to the frame. But yes just pick it up so the lower pin lift of it's holder and remove the door.

Have a helper when you do this. These doors are really awkward.

hi nealtw
Thank you for the advice I will try to what you said

I tried to post a picture I hope it worked

nealtw

I can't get the pic here when I click on attachment and and hit choose file it will not go to the post I do not get manage files will not post any pics where do you mean post it to attachments

Last edited:
(manage attachments) click on browse, this will take you to your files and choose the name of the photo and then click on upload.

nealtw

I don't know what you mean I went to manage attachments and it says choose file to I did that but nothing happens so I went to insert image and what you see on the other post is all I get I must be doing something wrong

nealtw

I don't know what you mean I went to manage attachments and it says choose file to I did that but nothing happens so I went to insert image and what you see on the other post is all I get I must be doing something wrong

Did you click the upload images button after that?

Even with Photobucket I've had trouble on some sites with loading diagrams and photos.
You may have to cut-and-try until it works.

Latest posts

Back