HELP hiding gap!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyedav

Reaction score
Hello,
We recently installed new kitchen cabinets. They are level. There is an uneven gap between the ceiling overhang and top of the wall cabinets because the overhang is uneven. I recently got a job in another state and need to put my place on the market ASAP. The floors are being done after we leave. But, i am very worried about hiding the gap. Taking the cabinets down is not an option as we are leaving in 9 days.
can I use moulding to hide the gap? I hope this makes sense as i am not well versed in renovation lingo. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Best,
Amy

IMG-20120212-01306.jpg

Amy,
Measure the tightest gap between the ceiling drop and top of cabinet doors, subtract a strong 1/8", then install an appropriate-sized molding to fit. Even a neutral-painted thin filler strip will work. End of problem. If everything else in the house is perfect, trust me, no one will notice!

Last edited:
It is hard to tell from the pic, but the left side juts out more than the right (not pictured) So, I should nail the moulding to a thin piece of wood and then into the overhang on that side, correct?
Thank you so much!

Try to split the difference, using the molding to "balance" any offset.

I myself would of used an L trim, just place it on the wall part of your bulk head, slide it down so you have an even space all along the top of the doors, nail it paint it your done. :)

An outside corner over the existing bulkhead corner would be the fix for me, even if I had to make the moulding myself out of a few pieces of standard OG base trim.

Latest posts

Back