Recognize this random kitchen hook?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wischchick

Reaction score
Hi all. Would love an assist-- since the apartment I've moved into contains these kitchen hooks that connect to some form of slat-wall on one of my kitchen walls, which I love for hanging utensils, etc. Only problem? I have no idea where to purchase more of the hooks. I've inquired at numerous hardware stores around town and no one seems to have any idea where to obtain replacements. Photos attached here of these mysterious hooks-- any idea where I might find more of these? Many thanks for any help/intel.

kitchen hook.jpg

kitchen hook 2.jpg

They appear similar to (large-hole) pegboard hooks, with a few modifications:

The loop end looks like it might have a rubberized coating on it, to soften the impact of utensils clanging against it. Such could be added to standard hooks, as I've seen (and used) the rubberized coating sold at retail stores as a liquid, in a pint or quart can. It's been years since I've used any, but it worked. Simply dip the loops into it, hang up and let them dry.

The horizontal prong of the hook looks like it has a detent formed into it. That could be more difficult to duplicate, but not impossible. Some careful tweaking with a Dremel tool, using an appropriate tip.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I have googled pegboard hooks (and slatboard hooks and every other variation I can invent) and even gone as far as purchasing a few, unfortunately, the unique shape of the top horizontal portion of this hook is what's tripping me up. None of the hooks I've seen have the same type of dented edge which would allow them to connect to the slot in my wall... Will keep trying and hopefully have some luck. Thanks again for responses.

Back