Water Supply Problem

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richholsom

Reaction score
I have a problem, water works in all other outlets in the house except toilet I did drain the hot water heater to move it. It's re-installed and is working fine but no water in toilet. Idusconnected and tried to see if water was there hoping it was the toilet valves/replacement kit. No such luck, can anyone explain this to me? This is a 4 unit multi property, no one else says they touched a valve, etc.
Thanks,

Its a very common problem. Check all of your lines and call an expert.

I think it says so, but to just make 100% sure, you did shut the water off at the valve right next to the toilet, disconnect the line from the toilet, put the line in a bucket and turn the water back on, right.

If water does not come out of the supply line I would suspect it was a plugged up shut off valve.

Any time plumbing gets work on it's best to remove all the aeriators from the sinks and flush the lines.
All hot water tanks build up soilds at the bottoms of the tanks, by moving it lots of solids where knocked loose as well as all the trash that was in the water lines.
So shut the main water off and change that angle stop by the toilet and see if that fixes it. Also if that supply line is not a stainless braided line replace that at the same time.

Back