Why do you work so hard?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaytav

Reaction score
I have to work to pay for my bills, working hard to earn much money for my traveling, this is my dream so i have to do it just for my dream.
what about you? why do you work? and what makes you work hard?

I like working and feel complete with a job well done, if I didn't earn it, it's not mine.

I like working and feel complete with a job well done, if I didn't earn it, it's not mine.

Yup you got it right.. i love to work on my own than asking someone else.. ;)

Last edited:
I work because it is the only thing I know. I was raised with the old Protestant work ethic and will probably do so until I drop...

The money is nice but I work simply for work. It is good to be active and feel productive; i'm at my worst when theres no work to be done

I totally echo these sentiments. I love a job well done. To me, doing well at my job or personal project keeps my life in balance and makes me feel good about myself. Gives me a sense of the "weight" or "cost" of life as well and makes me appreciate it more!

I rather enjoy my jobs. :] It's not work if youre having a decent time. ;]

My jobs always benefits the country and people. It's not just for a money. If I work harder then everyone will get happy, that's why I work harder and harder everyday.

And of course, I love it, too.

I'm working so hard so that I could retire early. It was never in my dreams to become a worker for life. I work so hard so that I could save up for a business later on. At that time I could spend more time with my family traveling and more fun things to do. I have a lot of dreams and I just do not want to see myself how many years from now as a jealous woman since I haven't achieved all of my goals now.. :)

There are many reasons for me, but I would have to say my biggest reason is to make my father proud. My brothers and sisters weren't exactly...the brightest, so it means a lot to him to see me doing so well.

I work because I have to. We all pretty much do besides the very slim few that "have it made".

I think it's called the European work ethic. Both parents emigrated to the U.S. as small kids, Pa was pulled out of school in 6th grade to help feed the family (put to work in a Wisconsin shoe factory, making a whopping 16 cents an hour, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week). Ma made it to 8th grade before she was asked (told) to quit school and work as a housekeeper, also to help feed her family.

Although I'm finally retired, I never will understand all of the deadbeats out there who think the world owes them a living.

I work hard because I want to give the best I can to my friends and family and show my children the value of hard work.

I think it's called the European work ethic. Both parents emigrated to the U.S. as small kids, Pa was pulled out of school in 6th grade to help feed the family (put to work in a Wisconsin shoe factory, making a whopping 16 cents an hour, 10 hours a day, 6 days a week). Ma made it to 8th grade before she was asked (told) to quit school and work as a housekeeper, also to help feed her family.

Although I'm finally retired, I never will understand all of the deadbeats out there who think the world owes them a living.

Yeah, that gets under my skin pretty badly. The thing that I really can't stand are people that rob other people. You decided you didn't want to work, but leave people alone that are working for their stuff.

I work because I want to save money. I also want to buy grocery items, food a lot of things that I needed to survive.

I work because I want to save money. I also want to buy grocery items, food a lot of things that I needed to survive.

Its sad because we used to be able to do all of the stuff 150 years ago for ourselves. If we wanted to eat we had to grow it or trade. Would have been nice to experience that kind of civilization.

Its sad because we used to be able to do all of the stuff 150 years ago for ourselves. If we wanted to eat we had to grow it or trade. Would have been nice to experience that kind of civilization.

Nice, but still a lot of hard work.

Working hard becomes a habit. Working hard doesn't guarantee success, but if you don't, it guarantees failure.

Back