single room heating/cooling issue

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotpru

Reaction score
I have a modified 2 story with a basement. My master bedroom is not only the furthest room from the furnace but also takes a number of extra turns in the duct both in the basement to get around a sunken living room but also somewhere in the wall as it rises to the top level and aligns to the register. The result is the room is difficulty heating and cooling appropriately for this particular room.

I will check/tape unions in the duct work that are exposed in the basement however re-doing duct work in the house specifically for a single room is an expensive non-starter.

Would a booster fan for that one run be an adequate fix to make up for the loss or is there another option suggestion?

I would try a booster fan as that seems to be one of the easiest things to try first.

Our bedroom has almost too much heat as the Tstat is down stairs (old house) but there are times spring and fall when the core of the house stays warmer and the bedroom becomes the chilly spot. We have an electric space heater for those times.

Back