Post Your Bathroom!!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This series of pictures shows our upstairs bathroom reno from 2010 in our 1904 vintage farmhouse. (before & after)

The bathroom was added in the late 1950's to replace the outhouse. I designed and built the washstand vanity and medicine cabinets to suit the age and style of the house.

01 BEFORE VANITY.JPG

02 BEFORE TUB.JPG

010 AFTER VIEW THROUGH DOORWAY.JPG

011 AFTER BATHTUB TILE AND SHELF.JPG

012 AFTER VANITY AND MEDICINE CABINET.JPG

Impossible to do over-all pic. Enjoy.

Hallo.
I am Rose. If Amercian larch looks anything like European larch this is what your original floor might be. Slightly (if i grew in the mountains much) harder than pine and looks very nice.

What's behing the mirror? Is that a laundry chute?

No its closet for my wifes hair dryer, curling iron ect. She loves a clean counter so every morning she would pull out the dryer and curling iron out of a drawer and then wrap it up and put it away when she was done. I built the wall with 2"x6" so there would be depth for this box. I had it fabricated from Stainless Steel and put an outlet in the upper right corner. Now she pulls the iron and dryer out uses them and just puts them back in and throws the cords on top no pluging, unpluging, unwraping and wraping the cords.
Other features for her comfort, 1/4" insulation on top of the slab, electric heat on top of insulation and under the tile. In the shower, in front of the vanity, and toilet to keep her toes warm.

Those before and after photos are amazing Rick! It was a much needed update.

I haven't done whole lot to mine yet other then change the paint color. Dark orange to HGTV's Watery

Before

20141012_151159.jpg

20141012_151153.jpg

After
20141019_200609.jpg

20141019_200834.jpg

Drew, that new wall color is much nicer. I'm going to have to wait until I finish my bathroom project before I post pictures.

Thank you, Zannej, the color helped make it a lot brighter and the boss "fiancee" is happy

Well, here is a before and after of our bathroom. Not even sure if this thread is still going!

old bathroom.jpg

new bathroom.jpg

I have problems with posting my bathroom. Hm, maybe I have to change something...

I have problems with posting my bathroom. Hm, maybe I have to change something...
You mean you are having difficulty with posting pictures? What are you trying to do and how are you doing it? Maybe we can help you figure it out.

This is in my Santa Barbara home. I did the remodel a couple years back. I'm a General Contractor and use this style for clients often. The tile is Philadelphia Travertine. The Versailles pattern is on the shower walls, floor and tub skirt. I built out the back wall into the front of my house to make room for the large tub.

_DSC0137.jpg

222.jpg

_DSC0142.jpg

_DSC0143.jpg

_DSC0144.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

_DSC0136.jpg

Last edited:
Back