Does anyone know where to buy this heavy tall plant hanger stand?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelique

Reaction score
Attached is a photo of a tall, heavy, iron multi-hook free-standing plant/display stand that I saw at the Desert Botanical Gardens gift shop. They don't know where their corporate office bought it, and the corporate office won't return my calls. I really need something very heavy and sturdy like this to hang my tomatoes. I have been searching the Internet for days, including Google image searches, and have found nothing. Any suggestions?

2014 03 10 DBG plant hanger.jpg

Thanks, but I don't think there's any need for me to have something custom made. There's obviously a company out there manufacturing these (the botanical gardens has at least three of them.) I just need to find out who's doing it.

You said this was a corperation of some size. They often have signature peices made like this for all their stores with the understanding the guy that made it can't make them for other people. There is no law against copying it but he can't make it for you. I have made lots of wood products foe customers like your plant store and always signed an agreement with them. A freind of mine used to make all the metal work for Olive Garden with the same deal. I could put you in touch with hime but it would be cheaper to have it made locally.

A few years ago we tried the "topsy-Turvy" things, where you grow your tomato plants upside down. We hung the pots on our kids swing set (they've outgrown it and the swings are gone, but we keep finding uses for the frame).

But more to the point; It's pretty easy to find the wrought iron hooks. You could get a 4x4x8 and set one end in a bucket full of concrete. You can bury the bucket and attach four hooks to the top. Nice & sturdy four sided plant holder.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012GFVQO/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back