Do I have to use glue to lay vinyl flooring?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiero2

Reaction score
Hi there, My final project will be new vinyl floors in both my kitchen laundry room. The reason I do not want to use the glue compound is b/c I might plan on changing the floor in a few years. With the hope that remove will be easy. I have seen a few videos on YouTube say that you can seal just the corners. Please don't beat me up too bad as I am an amateur going in blind when it comes to home improvement projects. And willing to listen to experienced advise.

Thanks

James

Last edited:
you have one thing going for the glue is water delutable Just get a hole of a cut in it and when your wife mops just watch it
come loose.

Glueless vinyl is pretty thick and should lay down under its own weight. Just follow the manufacturer instructions and be sure to put some trim around the edges (quarter round, baseboard, etc) so it doesn't curl. There is also some double-sided tape you can use for spots you are worried might come up. A good quality product should last just fine.

Back