Aluminum Glass Window Replacement Help...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ets

Reaction score
I'm renting a place and broke one glasses on a window, figured it would be cheaper to just do it myself.

I've cleared out the old glass and removed the gluey substance holding the glass. It seemed like only glue was holding the glass toward the interior and a plastic strip was holding it froum the exterior.

137goxbdw

137k000dg

I had a glass piece cut out and purchased some sealant.

The problem is I don't really know what to do know.

Do I put glue (with the sealant) to the plastic strips and then put the sealant on the aluminum frame and push the glass with the plastic strip onto it?

Or do I put the sealant on the aluminum frame put the plastic strips and then put more sealant on the plastic where the glass would lay on them?

Or am I totally lost and need other direction? I'm looking to do this in the morning so any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance!

Maybe it would be better to ask is sealant the only thing I need to prevent the glass to fall out? I'm assuming the gluey substance is the sealant.

Not sure but I think you just put the sealer in the frame and push the glass into that and then replace the trim without sealer.

I was playing with google, and someone else said you don't use sealant on the trim. And sort of capitalized the DO NOT statement. Why wouldn't you?

I was examining the other sections of the window and they don't use sealant either on the trim side. Do you use sealant on the bottom of the trim that on the frame?

Last edited:
Back