Ran into an idiot today at Lowes

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractng

Reaction score
I should have said he ran into my drywall corner bead :rofl: I had one drywall corner bead on my cart and it was stationed there for over 10 minutes while I was standing next to it looking at a texture hopper in the painting section.

This man from nowhere ran into it and hit him in the upper chest. He then yelled, "there should be a cone here. Geez somebody could have their eyes poked, at my place you would get written up for this."

I am like wth, I am shopping here, they don't give me a cone. Anyways I was with my 8 year old son so I didn't want to argue. His wife was speechless:confused::confused:

So I was shopping at Lowe's today with my wife when I ran into this guy with some corner bead sticking right out in front of God and everybody...,, just kidding, we've all been there without our "cones". ;)

When you were using "idiot" and "Lowes" in the same sentence, I thought the story would be about one of their employees. :D

I have to dissagree, stores generally do a good job of storing things safely in stores, once you have taken something from that storage area, you have to be responsible for it. If I walk swiftly thru a store I may see a cart with someone standing there but I might miss something as small as the end of a corner bead. I would immagine with the weight of the cart behind it, it would hurt to walk into one. When people get hurt they often have something to say, fair or not. If you were pushing your cart and saw him coming you would have been resposible enough to make sure he didn't hit it. So is it to much to ask for people to think safety and turn the cart so that sharp object can't be run into.

Everyone is responcible for safety no matter where we are.

I have to dissagree, stores generally do a good job of storing things safely in stores, once you have taken something from that storage area, you have to be responsible for it. If I walk swiftly thru a store I may see a cart with someone standing there but I might miss something as small as the end of a corner bead. I would immagine with the weight of the cart behind it, it would hurt to walk into one. When people get hurt they often have something to say, fair or not. If you were pushing your cart and saw him coming you would have been resposible enough to make sure he didn't hit it. So is it to much to ask for people to think safety and turn the cart so that sharp object can't be run into.

Everyone is responcible for safety no matter where we are.

mr Neal, you are correct that all people should be aware of safety around them at all all times. We as professionals, have gang box safety meetings every week. We strive to be safe. are conscious
of our surroundings, See things in a "is it safe" way.
The general public. in the most part. have no clue that a extension ladder should be set 25% of the horizontal away from the building at its base. Or that you do not "straddle" a 8' ladder. Most are just happy to be alive in there little unsafe worlds. It is up to us to look out for our selves when around these untrained losers

They no more give a thought to the sharp object sticking out from the cart as they do using a blinker when driving

if it were up to me, I would write each and every one of them up with a safety violation STOP card :):2cents:

Back