Bought a new tool.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris

Picked up a new to me 2000 International 4700 5 yard dump truck today. Hopefully it will come in handy.

Dump truck 1.JPG

dump truck 2.JPG

dump truck 3.JPG

Sure, come grab it. It will be out of the shop by Thursday. Getting new tires and a service done.

Tarp over the back and you can sleep there when the wife throws you out for buying it! :D

Work, now there's a four letter work that should be banned. :)
We have a local guy around here that cracks me up every time I see him.
He shows up with his custom painted dump truck with $3000.00 worth of lights on it.
After he dumps his load he pulls ahead and jumps out of the cab with his spotless white shirt and Patten leather shoes and puts on his jump suit then wipes down the whole truck, and does this all day long no matter how many loads he brings.
I can see having pride in your truck and image but I think he takes it to another level.

I see guys like that around here. I have a shop near mine that does septic pumping. They wash their truck more than they use it.

They would probably be horrified if they saw my vehicles. If it rains when I'm parked there will be clumps of mud all over the ground around my car. On wet days if I just shut my doors, huge clumps of mud just plop off. I do take them through the car wash and get clear coats from time to time though.

I imagine with a dump truck you can tilt the dumper art down and spray it out with a hose. That must be convenient.

We hose it off with a fire hose on jobsite, other than that I require my guys to keep the trucks from looking dirty. That's it, nothing special.

Latest posts

Back