There but for the grace of god, go I ...

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danie

Reaction score
I made that sound pretty dramatic now haha Hello all. Thank you for taking me in, I must confess that I have lurked a little and I am smitten with this group!

So the reason behind the title: I am proceeding to renovate a 1000 sf condo, mostly by myself, though I will look for specialized help with the plumbing and electricals that require it. I plan on learning and asking a LOT of questions :hide:

This is my first ever home. I have live here 3 years already, and it's been a worksite since day 1, when the originally hired contractor left the place mid-job never to retrurn. (I am sure I am not the only one with a "story" lol)

The years that followed included the loss of my best friend as well as other life changing events. I think this might be my EAT PRAY LOVE of home renovations, as I need to focus on making positive and beautiful things, taking my mind off hte past and focusing on what can become...

Also notable I am likely to post pictures, ask dummy questions and fixate on pinterest ideas that make no sense; like doing my floors with plywood planks and other money saving possibilities.

I am so happy to be here, btw I am a gal in her 50s living in Montreal.

:welcome: to House Repair Talk danie. Jump right in and join the party, Fridays are pizza days around here. Just be sure to bring enough for everyone.

Do you all like it dressed up or plain jane lol

Hi Danie and welcome to the forum. If you have been lurking thanks for making the plunge and showing all the other lurkers it is ok to say hi.

You have just shown up and made 3 posts and have 4 likes so you are doing something right. By the way you have a better batting average than I do.

I love the out of the box ideas and once sliced up a load of T1-11 along the groves and used it as horizontal siding. We will encourage you to try anything here.

Hello Danie and welcome to the group your find a wealth of info here even if some of the guys wear their jammies all day. long my wife really likes Pinterest also so i do some of those projects also.:welcome:

Hello Danie and welcome to the group your find a wealth of info here even if some of the guys wear their jammies all day. long my wife really likes Pinterest also so i do some of those projects also.:welcome:
Bud says he wears jammies, but we don't know for sure....or even want to know for sure...[emoji32]

This place feel like home already....anyone up for bingo, not retired yet but I am willing to get a head start on my strategies haha As for jammies, I can be found daily with a sprinkling of spakling dust in my hair, paint on my hands holding a 3rd mug of coffee, 276 versions of my perfect powder room saved in a file and that's before breakfast!

Also planning to innudate youall with pictures like it's going out of style; I hope to see you alls pictures too, or it didn't happen right haha

about that pyjahat That is exactly what we need here this time oyear

Last edited:
Back