Fixing Spring on Porter Cable (Dewalt) Angled Finish Nailer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aNYCdb

Reaction score
I picked up this Angled Finish nailer that is mostly working, but the nail feeder spring seems to have poped out. It seems to be largely intact (and the replacement seems to cost around $4), but I can't for the life of me figure out how to reinstall it correctly. Pictures attached.

0710171234b-Large.jpg

0710171234-Large.jpg

I don’t know anything about it actually but it looks like the spring needs flipped so the rolled up end pulls the nails along.

The spring will have a notch or a"T" shaped end, when unrolled, that attaches to the slide, much the same as a stanley tape measure.

You can pull up a PDF that shows the tool.

The spring will have a notch or a"T" shaped end, when unrolled, that attaches to the slide, much the same as a stanley tape measure.

You can pull up a PDF that shows the tool.

Unfortunately the end is just slightly rounded with no notch or T. It doesn't look like its missing. Unfortunately the only documents I've found have fail to show anything that I can use (I have the owners manual and the parts diagram).

And in that case, there may be a youtube video addressing this issue.

toolpartsdirect.com is your friend :) They have parts and exploded views for almost every type of major-brand tool on their website; your nailer will be there for sure. Zoom in on the diagrams and you can figure out what goes where and how it works. And scan the part listings for the 'favorite' parts sold for the tool which will tell you what parts wear out or break most often so you can keep an eye on them.

I've been using these folks for over 10 years for all my tool repair needs and I can highly recommend them :thbup:

Phil

Latest posts

Back