Heating & AC unit in attic bedroom

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

napalvr

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house and the attic was already converted to a bedroom. There is storage on one side with doors (these are short storage doors on the sides of the room) and on the other side is the heating & ac equipment. The previous owners had a door in front of the main heating/ac unit but at the closing the doors had been taken off and damaged and now the unit is uncovered and an eyesore. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover this opening. I am assuming that it needs to be some kind of louvered or ventilated door but I would like to make it look at pleasant as possible and match as closely as possible to the other storage doors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a house and the attic was already converted to a bedroom. There is storage on one side with doors (these are short storage doors on the sides of the room) and on the other side is the heating & ac equipment. The previous owners had a door in front of the main heating/ac unit but at the closing the doors had been taken off and damaged and now the unit is uncovered and an eyesore. I am trying to figure out the best way to cover this opening. I am assuming that it needs to be some kind of louvered or ventilated door but I would like to make it look at pleasant as possible and match as closely as possible to the other storage doors. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Is this a 90+ or 80+ furnace? is there anything else in this furnace room.
You can send pic. to [email protected] If its a 90+ furnace with two stacks going out side then you do not need a louvered door as long as it has
supply and return ducting on it. You can also take burner air from a attic space as long as the attic is ventilated. Show me what you got and we can
go from there. Later Paul

Latest posts

Back