Hurricane Dolly Fixer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPISurfer

Reaction score
I'm here to get help from the damage hurricane Dolly did to our house. I'll post some of our flood/hurricane pictures. We were too shocked to take really good pictures, but clued in when our neighbors told us to take pictures for insurance. Insurance is a whole other joke. We lost workers to Gustav and then to Ike. We have a new moto "We ain't going to beg people to take our money." We also can't continue to camp out in our houses so we're doing it ourselves.

Thanks to all of you who are willing to give us advice (Sawguard/Tom).

Of course we are getting mission creep - meaning our fixing the house is turning into remodeling. It started when we didn't want to hang drywall and wanted to take a wall down. We were able to get a structural engineer to come advise us.

I know that Inspector likes pictures and Phatboy really inspired us to keep going. So we're here to get help, document the journey, and to give back.

017.jpg

019.jpg

Flood Pix 055.jpg

001.jpg

Oops! Two of the pictures are incorrect. I'm not able to resize the flood photos to post them.

It is really hard to give any help as to the picture is very blurry, the others look like you need chain saw so that you may cut up the tree limbs. as for the fence I don't see a clear picture as to the problem other than some water damage? in that case a good deck wash may help. Sorry that I was not much help, more specific questions and some clearer pictures will help. If you right click on photo you may beable to resize.

Latest posts

Back