What are you watching?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TxBuilder

Just curios. We have a pretty diverse crowd. I'm interested in what people from other walks of life watch on TV.

I watch a couple hours of TV a year. Now surfing the net, that's another matter. :D

Judge Judy is not limited to one country continent or world. The Judy knows all and sees all. That's how she knows everyone is pulling her leg.

I am not watching anything it has been nearly 2 months i haven't watched any show but when there is going on Cricket (a sports) i like to watch it but when my own country's team is playing :)

I just crawled out of bed and waking up after a late night. I set the alarm for 1:30 AM to watch the Formula 1 qualifying from Shanghai, China. Same thing tonight for the real race.

Dick

I just crawled out of bed and waking up after a late night. I set the alarm for 1:30 AM to watch the Formula 1 qualifying from Shanghai, China. Same thing tonight for the real race.

Dick

No Tivo, VCR, or recording on your cable box?

Man, and I thought it was tuff staying up till 9:30 central to watch the Nashville Predators get their *** handed to them buy the Ducks last nite.

Hate to admit but my guilty pleasure is watching TMZ

I just like to watch the races live before I find out who won.

That is why I also like the small dirt track races since they are always live.

I forget about or ignore the boring NASCAR races (non-descript "bumper cars"/tanks) built to get into the scripted green-white-checkered finish laps.

Dick

Dick

How long do those races go on for?

The race itself is about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. The tracks are not ovals and are 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 miles long and have grade changes. You do not win by going faster (all the cars can top 250 mph if desired), but by gearing, cornering, handling and most importantly, by braking at the right time.

They usually are about every two weeks (Wed. to Fri. practice, Saturday 3 qualifying segments when the cars are wrapped up and not touched until race starts). The start is usually about 1:30 local time on Sunday.

The schedules vary depending on the race location because when you fly 1 or 2 747s for a 2 car team with maybe 100-200 technicians/engineers, the races far from Europe (Australia, Malaysia, China, Japan, Korea and Brazil) they may run 2 weekends in a row. In Europe, they have to work around the country holidays. The U.S. lost the race because of the track and when there was more money elsewhere. The big money goes where the markets are.

No refueling is allowed during the race and the 1200# cars have governors set at about 19,000 rpm for the little V8s depending on the track layout (hills, etc.). A tire change (mandatory) takes about 4 seconds, but they lose more just to slow down.

It is a big dollar business with lots of technology and the drivers are really on-board engineers with big input. Just to put the cost into perspective, a car will usually have brake rotors on hand at a cost of $260,000 available for a week-end.

There are also the Le Mans type races that are 12 to 24 hours, but the budgets are much lower.

It is much better to watch on TV because of the track length and layout, but the act of being there is impossible if you can even get a ticket (usually $200-$800 if they are available). Scalpers are much higher as are the lifetime boxes.

It is not your NASCAR.

Dick

Last edited:
Around here, the best we get is Limerock Ct, and a few times of the year up at Watkins glenn. My Cousins live 15 minutes from the track in Dundee Ny.
Not formula ! but still an impressive race to be at.
I raced a 3/4 mile track here in Stafford Ct for 12 years, some of the best short trackin fun I have ever had. Our best was winning 5 races in a row!!, back before all the fun disapeared in racing.

Rubbin is racin to a circle track guy. I miss the sport, but I love my kids.:usa:

Watching Sponge bob with my child :)

aww that's really sweet, actually i really liked this Sponge bob cartoon when i was a kid and i still do watch cartoons sometimes with my little brothers.. :D

Dexter is one of my favorite shows that has come on recently. I watched like all 5 seasons in about 3 weeks once I got into the show. Spartacus is another favorite, though I hope the lead actor gets to feeling better because it won't be the same without him :(. Does anybody have any updates on whats going on with the guy from Spartacus out of curiosity?

You might be wonder but around here, people loves to watch Korean series.

There are also good series ans cartoons in the cable TV too, but not that popular.

true blood. didn't think i would like it at first, but man- it's catchy

Latest posts

Back