New Dishwasher

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenlady0

greenlady0
Reaction score
I know its been a while since you posted this but I am in the market for a new dishwasher and am dreading it. My last dishwasher was an $800.00msrp Bosch model 14years ago >I went with Bosch because after owning or growing up in a household with a Kitchen Aide Superba model...always liked the extra features from pot scrub to rinse and hold and easy on china but tough on grime...anyway when it came time to purchase the KA looked cheap and a shadow of its former self the last of which I purchased during a home remodel 20+ years ago...it is still in use by the way. Anyway within months of purchasing the Bosch the regular wash button died...could not be pressed it was still under warranty but it took a while to ck out order part make another trip out to install part etc...this time the part lasted until just past the warranty so I started using the other buttons another service call and part would have been $250.!!! A few years and less than one month past its warranty,I noticed the bottom of the racks were rusting after much rigamarole Bosch said too bad,I bought some of the paint and have to keep reapplying. Meanwhile more buttons have gone out,I'm down to two out of five. Also several years ago I noticed that scum and mold started to form inside the dishwasher...just the two of us and sometimes it takes a day or two before washer is run. Constantly using dishwasher majic product but at the rate I go thru that I am on my way to buying a new washer. Any ideas. We do still entertain and I loved the kitchen aides 3 way rack adjustment with the pins on each side. still use the same features described above...not impressed with the 3 hour energy efficient time it takes to wash a load. Also prefer the waher have its own heating element and food grinder...basically I want my superba back any recommendations folks and no I will not pay over $1,000. prefer less if possible. Thanks

If you get a chance, let us know what you purchased.

jeff.

currently I am going thru issues of Consumer reports and am amazed their most recommended dishwasher is Bosch but when you look at the rate of repairs issue Bosch falls in the middle for repairs while Hotpoint,Whirlpool and kenmore had less repairs,GE,Amana Jenn Air and Kitchen Aid had more repairs for the time period of 2005-2009. The most recent data>July 2012 issue for the time between 2007 and 2011states Frigidaire.Fisher Paykel,Amana,LG and Maytag were amongts the most repair prone with Amana and Maytag having a major recall in 2010!Whirlpool,Bosch,tied at 1 and Kenmore at 2nd needing the least and with Kitchen Aid and Miele taking Bosch's former midline for repairs. Looks like a crapshoot no real consistency other than Whirlpool and Kenmore.I will be taking a look at them as well as Bosch and Kitchen Aid for $ and feature comparisons of my own.Will let you know more as I find...If anyone has purchased any of these brands in the past year please feel free to let me know if you like or dislike your appliance Thx.

FWIW...Frigidaire was a good choice for us when we wanted SS on the outside....cheap cost, quiet operation and did a decent washing job....it will probably last 6-9 years as with most things made today.

jeff.

Back