Looking to make a waterproof deck

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boobou69

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Thanks for all the tips, great site!!!!!

Heres the problem....a balcony 16' x 17' (272 sq. ft) raised 8 feet above ground level (stone patio underneath). I want the balcony to be completely waterproof (no water passes through) so i can close the underside of the patio with soffit.
so far i have found this product; hxxp://www.squaredecko.com/squaredecko/en/profile/

it is +/- 8$ sq.ft

I was thinking ,maybe a fiberglass kit....but i can't find one anywhere....

thanks.....

boobou69

I have never used the product you have no link to. But Lowes and other lumber yards sell fiberglass roof panels and drain systems for decks. Good luck in your search.

I waterproofed a balcony for my mom in-law over 6 years ago. I started with 3/4" pressure treated plywood, covered it with ice shield, ran 3/4" 1x4 pressure treated lathe strips every 16" parellel to the house and finished with 5/4 1x6 Trex. Thier were challenges with the rail system. I was able to seal it after reapeted attempts. I'm there for all holidays and birthdays and she would tell me if something was wrong.

Back