Looking to remodel home -- need floorplan help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayFank

Reaction score
My parents had given me their old home after my grandmother passed several years back, as they moved down there, so I'm currently running through ideas of how to remodel the house.

The main part of the house is 24 feet by 35 feet, with an additional 8 feet by 24 feet added on at the end.

The 8x24 spot has acted as a bedroom and small office for several years seeing as there's not much to do with the space.

My wife and I would like to have out of all the space available a master bedroom with a master bathroom and a walk-in closet, at least 4 feet deep, a kitchen with a small dining room to sit at least four, a living room, a full bath, and possibly another bedroom. If anyone could point me in the right direction towards how to draw up a floor plan that could suit our needs it would be a great help.

Floorplan.jpg

This is the floor plan I had designed and below is the current floor plan in the house

Currenthouse.jpg

I can't point you in the direction of an architect but I must say, as a student of architecture, I see one problem with your self designed plan, and that is that the bedroom nearest to the master has no bathroom nearby, it's all the way across the house. Not the best setup for convenience.

I did two quick plans in 3D Home Architect, the first is your plan, except with the Utility Room intact, it's based on my interpretation of what you said you wanted, as far as window placement and such goes, I was pretty much winging it

The second is more or less the same thing but with a 3rd bathroom, the kitchen is still large enough for a dining table but instead of next to the kitchen it would be in the middle of it

If you give me feedback on what you like and don't like I'll be happy to amend them, then you can print it out and take it to an architect who can work this out to fit your existing house

also....how thick are your walls (interior and exterior?)

JayFank1.jpg

JayFank2.jpg

Back