Ceiling / roof repair - who do I get in?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmas

Reaction score
I am living in an apartment on the last floor of a small apartment building. The ceiling is a "cathedral ceiling", in that it slopes down from the left of a mezzanine down to the level of the window. In the middle there is an arched window which the ceiling is designed with giving an v shape down the middle.

After the winter I noticed evidence of water infiltration (I live in Canada), though I am not sure how to go about trying to find the cause. While I am happy to do DIY I am feeling this is something that will need a professional. The only catch is which one? Should I be getting a general building inspector to come in and look at the issue, in order to get the right type of contractor in, or should I being making use of a roofing contractor?

Welcome AJmas:
I would get a roofing contractor. They should be familliar with the problem and be able to fix it rather easily.
Glenn

Yep, roofing contractor unless the leak is around window flashing. Once the leak is fixed then interior repairs can begin.

Back