Hi all newbe here! ;)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyray

Reaction score

Hi everyone i was browsing the net and came across this site...
Ok here is my problem we have just bought our house and it has wooden panelling in the kitchen up to the ceiling and the cuboards are also wood anyway at first i thought that i would take them out and put tiles or paint the walls but i think that would be such a mission and painting them sounds like a better option... is there anyone out there that can advise me on which would be the best option and how to and what to do?:confused: and if anyone has pictures to show the end result would be a bonus.... thanx guys chat later.... mwah

Painting paneling is quite easy accually. Clean the paneling with tsp( follow directions on the carton) and well rince then sand with 120 grit sandpaper( this will roughen the surface for a good grab for the primer) then vacume off and use a Tack cloth to get rid of any dust. then prime with Kilz original primer, then sand with 150-180 sand paper, vacume and tack cloth again then apply at least 2 coats of latex interior paint.

Back