To Square or not to square,that is the question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tylon

Reaction score
Hello everyone ,

Got a question that I hope someone can offer some advice on.

The project I am working on currently is I removed the wall between my master bedroom closet and the closet in my office in order to expand and organise the master closet for the wife. Now that I have everything demolished I have noticed that the space I am working on is far from being square.

I would like some help to know what is the best way to proceed with this so it does not look like it was done shoddy. At this point should I build a new frame without messing with the original framing? should I just do what ever it takes to modify and add on to the existing framing to make it square? or should I just forget about it and just work with what I got and make it work?

thanks in advance

-T

Actually I think I anwsered my own question on this, by reading alot of material on this board.

What I am going to do is I am going to rip some 2x12's into the sizes I need and build ontothe origional frames make make everything true and square.

thanks

-T

Back