Ceiling Fans

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newtda

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently needing to replace all my fans in my condo. I dont have a clue what to look for in a fan. I am wanting a fan that has lighting hooked up to it, and is very quite. What is good brand to look at? also I am looking for something that is cheap but still good.

Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
There are many good choices out there. I have in my house and I've installed for others: Hunter. This make is highly reliable and durable as consistent with its reasonable pricing. Most are available with the additional lighting hookup. One of the features I look for is how quiet the fan is. The fans in my home can run at full speed not generating any "swishing" sound. That noise one does not need, particularly in the bedroom. Stay cool and good luck in your venture.

I have Hunter fans as well. All of the ceiling fans at my parent's house are Hunter as well. They are pretty decent for the money. I leave mine on almost all summer long, and the noise is never a distraction.

cheap and good are mutually exclusive, you get what you pay for.
Hunter is quality but, is not cheap. As locknut says though, the quality is consistent with it's price.

Back