Iphone or Samsung Galaxy?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking I'll like being able to change sim cards without opening it up. I have 64 mb more in my Note 3. So, I am using 96 mb . Mostly due to using it as a camera a lot.

Yesterday I went to the ATT store to pay my bill at lunch time and I went in and there must have been 25 people in there looking around. Come to find out it was the iPhone 7 launch. I was standing there and the guy said are you here to pick up a 7 and I said no just pay a bill. So he takes me to the head of the line and we start doing the payment and he says you are ready for an upgrade. What phone do you have. I took the opportunity as he was talking loud to also speak loud and I proclaimed oh I don’t need a upgrade my iPhone 4 is working just fine. The place got instantly quiet and everyone was kind of looking at me or talking lower about the crazy old guy with the 5 year old phone. The guy said oh my you are really do for an upgrade. I said nope I will count it as another $700 in the bank till she dies, and I figured I have saved over 5 grand not upgrading 2 phones every time something new came out. I told him the 4 lets me have over 300 long play music albums, blutooth, GPS, a nice camera and I still have a headphone jack. The young couple standing next to were looking at their phones and he said ya these phones are expensive. I told him the real thing I like about the 4 is it fits in my pocket easy.

I think some of this is the status symbol of our times.

I agree Bud, I'm still using a i4s and besides a little diminished battery life, still works fine. My screen is cracked, may just get it replaced and call it good.

I had my first cellphone (A RAZR v III fliphone) from 2007 to 2012. When it died (could no longer charge the battery for some reason-- even changed batteries) I replaced it with a Samsung Galaxy SIII. I replaced it in I think 2015 because it was no longer connecting to my computer, wasn't charging properly, and the screen/digitizer had been replaced and wasn't as responsive so it gave me trouble. The Note 4 was free and I even got AT&T to waive the upgrade fee due to some problems I had with the service. I put a 64Mb SD card in it.

I finally did it. I went out today and got myself a new S7, got my wife a new S7 and got one of my employees my wife's old S5. Also got my office set up through them with all sorts of cool features I will actually use and between my original cell phone and office phones I am saving 250 bucks a month.

Well, I just did a system clean up job on my Note 3. Moved apps to the sd card, cleared the cache of the apps, and then today I moved about 2000 photos off phone to my laptop.

I am sure glad I have a policy of waiting a few months on new technology before wanting to have whatever it is. I had been waiting for that Note 7.

Chris, you'll have to post how you like the S7, after having a Note.

I didn't have the note. I was on an iPhone which I liked for the most part but last weekend it updated and then no more phone service. When I took it in they said it was because the updates are not designed with the older phones in mind so a lot of the time they kill the older phone. For me that was enough to not support that company, my phone was an iPhone 5 that was not having any issues until the update.

That's Apple smugness in their design philosophy. The phone company should be able to restore your phone to an operation-able state by loading the old OS.

They were more interested in me getting the latest iPhone. So I went with a Samsung. My wife has had the same Samsung for years and it works just as good now as it did the day she bought it. I am one to keep a phone for at least 4-5 years and want it to work the entire time.

Latest posts

Back