Am I screwed? (Wood Floor Question)

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlc2052

Reaction score
I bought my house with 5/8" bamboo wood floors recently installed. They have started squeaking more and more lately. After pulling a few up to investigate, it seems like they were glued down to some pretty old plywood. The plywood sub floor seems to be moving around a lot causing the floors to squeak and crack. I can not get to the bottom of the sub floor because it is all I don't think I can salvage the boards because they are glued. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Unfortunately you need a good substructure underneath. There is no way to fix it without removal of the entire floor material.
If it is lock together floor, take it apart and start fixing the underneath as best you can.
Call a professional first to see your options.
Sorry.:(

Unfortunately you need a good substructure underneath. There is no way to fix it without removal of the entire floor material.
If it is lock together floor, take it apart and start fixing the underneath as best you can.
Call a professional first to see your options.
Sorry.:(

I have to agree, unfortunately. You need to fix the subfloor or deal with the problem. You can find a professional at the link in my signature. Search by your zip code, then call around and see if anyone can fix the subfloor while salvaging the boards.

Back