Deck support suggest

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will work as long as his deck posts are not subject to frost movement and they are down to depth. In my case the deck is floating and can move if it wants. Last winter the frost went down a good 5’ my deck didn’t care it lifted about an inch. I left it 3” below the outswing door and 2” lower than the house floor. Come spring it went back down. If it was nailed I might have to worry over time it getting loosened up but the screws seem to just let it flex and mostly move as one unit.

I’m not sure what a gallon bucket is to drill in?????

Post saddle might have been a better term to use.

It has been a simple process that others like to make difficult.
.Seeking problems more than solutions .
I have installed a row of support at the concrete block then attatched it to the outside of the double beam that is outside of deck..

Has not been difficult to add the support BOX to the main deck and its only for 10 inches by 24 ft for 2 rows of deck wood..

## -Wont be a primary support since main deck is on MANY HEAVY DUTY piers..-##

new project will be well built small box . and no need for long side supports in that pic i sent either !

those supports in this 1st pic will be attached to concrete block and 2nd pic is a before pic

new wood.jpg

before new install.jpg

Last edited:
I think that is as good an answer as anything else we could have come up with.

For others reading this for ideas for the same kind of deck, if the beams had been run the other way, they could have been cantileved close to the house, solving this problem.

And I am sorry we didn't get to that info on your first post about peirs.
Neal

It might be a good solution but I still have no idea what the OP problem was or how he fixed it actually. The photo of a bunch of 2x4’s with bolts I have no idea what that is the second picture shows 2 pieces of decking setting on some beams resting in some leaves.

I do know his solution was much simpler than others made difficult. So that’s good. :confused:

I am using joist hangers ..just not shown in before pics

Simple 2by to concrete block ,in pic,with joists between beam an 2by..for 9 inch area.. By 24 f t..

Each build unique an some done differently when land is a factor concrete, height ,everything..an house structure including condition of beam a factor in some also...every build is unique to the circumstance.

Thanks for input though. !

Last edited:
Back