A/C Draining onto stucco and Slab

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbucs

Reaction score
Hello, house I bought has the a/c drain line running onto the stucco and grading. Over the years the water has deteriorated the stucco and some of the slab behind it. I'm able to dig and reach my hand in and find the slab deteriorated down and back 3 inches down with some finger size tunnels from the water. Advice on what I should do? I was planning to dig all the soil back and removed damaged area, patch slab with concrete, and re-stucco and obviously connect a longer drain line away from the house.

ac_drain_line.jpg

20160521_150923_resized.jpg

20160521_150934_resize.jpg

Add a 45 and a splash pan and your good to go.

I dug up some and got some more pictures. It seems like I need to drain the water out and fill the destroyed face of the cinder block with concrete?

20160522_135002.jpg

20160522_133704.jpg

Because of the dirt that has washed into the cavity you'll not achieve an adequate adhesion unless you can clean the residue away, and even at that it will be a cold joint.

Were it me, I'd remove some more of the earth, and with a 50% solution of muriatic acid, face mask, rubber gloves, long sleeve shirt and a stiff brush wash it out as best I could, add some gravel to modified thin-set and fill the cavity.

Modified thin-set has a vinyl add mix which enhances its adhesive properties as well as being water resistant.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back